At Copper Mountain Dental, our goal is to help you preserve and protect your original teeth as much as possible. If your teeth have been damaged beyond the point where they can be repaired and restored, however, we may recommend a tooth extraction to preserve your oral health and protect your remaining teeth.
Tooth extractions may be an option if:
- Your teeth and supporting bone have been at least partially destroyed by severe infection
- Your teeth have experienced significant decay
- Your teeth are overcrowded and cannot fit correctly in your mouth
- You are preparing for further orthodontic, restorative or cosmetic treatment
- You have an advanced stage of periodontal disease
Tooth extractions are usually the last resort as far as maintaining your oral health is concerned. Our dentist and team will do everything possible to save your tooth before recommending an extraction.
If we need to extract your tooth, we will do our best to remove it as gently as possible from your mouth. We offer local anesthesia and sedation dentistry to help minimize pain and discomfort during the extraction procedure. Following your tooth extraction, we will provide you with post-op instructions to encourage proper healing and will work with you to determine which type of tooth replacement will work best for you.
To schedule an appointment with Dr. Toby Richards, and for more information about tooth extractions in Butte, Montana, please call us today at 406-494-2525.